What to look for when buying a water coolers at Brisbane?
Brisbane are well – known for their award winning food and wine and their water are labeled are filtered to the high standards set by the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines.
This ensures it’s safe to drink straight from the tap.
But with the incident last 2014 that the tap water are carrying bugs which raise a lot of questions in mind.
One of the best ways to increase your water consumption and make it easily available is to install a water dispenser.
- All you need to do is push a button and cool water will instantly be available for you to drink.
- There are many types of water dispensers available in the market.
- To determine which one you need to buy, you will need to research your needs.
- Once you are aware of what you expect from a dispenser, you can research the various types available. This will help you make an informed decision and purchase a water dispenser that suits your needs.
Types of Water Dispensers
There are many different types of water dispensers available in the market nowadays.
Each water dispenser has a unique feature that is meant to enhance its functionality. Depending on your requirements you can select one from the following.
Though you do have to keep in mind that each dispenser has certain requirements when it comes to installation and water supply. This is why you have to be vigilant in selecting one.
Bottled Water Coolers
One of the most common types of water dispenser is the bottled water cooler.
- This dispenser requires a bottle to be installed at the top.
- These bottles have to be bought and are delivered by water delivery companies.
- Once the water bottle is installed it dispenses water at three temperatures.
- At the touch of a button you can get cool drinking water.
- Some models even have a small refrigerator towards the base.
On the other hand if you are not in the mood for cool water, you can have room temperature water as well. If you want to make soup, tea, or any other hot beverage, you can get hot water from this dispenser as well.
Do keep in mind that not all bottled water dispensers offer different temperatures.
The best thing about these dispensers is the fact that they are durable and do not require much maintenance. All you will need to do is clean it with a damp cloth once in a while.
Countertop Water Coolers
There are times when you do not have enough space for a full sized bottle dispenser. This is when you should look towards a countertop water cooler.
- This dispenser is relatively the same as a full sized bottled water cooler.
- The only difference is in the size.
- It can be placed on top of a counter and can easily support a 5 gallon water bottle.
- Some models provide options for cold, medium, and hot water, while others only provide cool water.
- This bottle water dispenser is also quite easy to maintain.
Point of Use Water Coolers
If you do not want to go through the hassle of having to order bottles regularly, then this dispenser is for you.
- A Point of Use water cooler is extremely convenient as they are connected to a continuous water supply.
- The water supply replenishes automatically and makes cold water available for you at all times.
- This water cooler saves you a substantial amount in bottled water bill and of course conserves time.
- However, these dispensers require professional installation.
Filtered Water Coolers
Most people do not like the taste of the tap water that they get.
To eliminate the unpleasant taste in top water, one can set up a filtered water cooler. This is the same as a point of use water cooler, except that it is equipped with a filter. The filter purifies the water and then sends it to the reservoir where the water is cooled and dispensed.
There are mainly two types of filtration systems.
- The first is a reverse osmosis filter. This filter is quite effective in removing odors and minerals.
- But if the tap water contains chemicals and other substances, you will require a different type of filter.
If you want an enhanced filtration system you can opt for the ones with an activated carbon filter. These filters are particularly effective in removing chemicals and small particles from the water.
This of course is only necessary if the top water quality is not up to par.
How Does a Water Dispenser Work?
The water dispenser works along quite a basic concept.
- The bottle that is placed over the top fills a reservoir.
- Bottle-less dispensers receive a constant water supply which is more convenient.
- Once the water reaches the reservoir, it begins cooling.
- The cooling is done with the help of a refrigerant.
- The refrigerant is supplied to the reservoir with the help of pipes. Once the water is cooled, it is kept that way in the reservoir.
When you dispense the water for drinking, the reservoir water level drops. Once it does, the dispenser fills up the reservoir with more water from either the bottle or water supply.
Dispensers that dispense hot water as well have a heating element along with the refrigerant. In addition to this, they have two reservoirs.
Water dispensers that are equipped with a filter have a purification system that cleans the water before it enters the reservoir. Filtration systems are only a part of bottle-less dispensers.
These dispensers are connected to a continuous water supply. The tap water is often not pleasant to taste and requires filtering.
What to Look For In a Water Dispenser
There is an ongoing confusion about what features one should look for in a water dispenser.
Some people want a water dispenser that is convenient and easy to maintain. On the other hand, some individuals prefer that their water be cooled effectively.
In short, the type of dispenser you opt for depends upon your preference.
There are certain areas where a bottle-less dispenser cannot be installed. For such areas you have no other option but to get a bottled one. Of course the bottle-less dispenser is more convenient and cost effective if you have enough space to install it.
One of the most important things to consider when getting a dispenser is its ability to dispense water.
- If you are getting a dispenser for home use you can sacrifice dispensing ability for effective cooling.
- However, when the dispenser will be used in an office setting the dispensing ability has to be as effective as cooling.
- There are quite a few dispensers out there that do not cool water quite effectively.
- The best dispenser type is one where the water dispenses effectively and does not lose its cooling ability.
One cannot choose between dispensing ability and cooling. The fact is that these features go hand in hand.
The best water coolers Brisbane is one that is effective in terms of both dispensing and cooling. Of course you have the option of giving preference to one feature over the other. However, that depends on your application of the dispenser.
Bottled Dispensers vs. Point Of Use Dispensers
While bottled and point of use dispensers are different in their make-up, they share certain similarities.
A common misconception is that there is a difference in the cooling ability of both dispensers.
The truth is that both dispenser types are quite effective at cooling water. The only difference is in the water supply system.
The main difference in both the dispenser types is of the water supply. Bottled dispensers rely on bottled water and point of use dispensers rely on a constant water supply from a tap.